Friday, November 30, 2012

(November 27, 2012)



So I didn’t kill the chicken, but I held the wings and feet. Maybe next time? Well, Thanksgiving was fun and super delicious. Well, I guess onto the holiday season.  The holiday season is always weird here because I associate Christmas as cold, snowy, and a Christmas tree. I might decorate with snowflakes.  But it will definitely not snow as it is getting really hot here. But, hopefully there will be cheer, thanksgiving, generosity, and holiday music. But, when I was on the daladala this last Sunday, I saw the Stanic Bank was decorating. I might have to go check this out tomorrow. I don’t know if this makes me unfestive or more festive. As I believe, the reason for the season is the birth of Christ. My favorite explanation is in a Charlie Brown Christmas. It gives me the chills every time I see it and trust me I have seen it many times. 

So why will I be more festive….I will be celebrating with my “family” here, no gifts except maybe cards, and great food. One thing I love is it is unnecessary to give gifts. This is not because I am cheap, but I think we often get caught up in the holiday season and forget to enjoy it and forget the real meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment