Saturday, February 19, 2011

TWO WEEKS in a ROW

So this is a new record for me. I have officially posted for two weeks in a row. So for those of you that heard about the bombings in Dar es Salaam, about 20 people died and about 300 people were injured. No one I know was injured. And I have not been affected by this not being near Dar.

Not too much as happened this week. It has been kind of slow because the Form VI students finished their test last week, and the Form V were studying for the annual exams. They are finishing up this following week. Then I will only be teaching 6 periods a week on three days. Until school starts up again in the beginning of April. I don't know if I will continue to teach only Basic Applied Mathematics or more. I will see.

Though by the end of the week I was definitely ready for Friday! It had felt like a long week. Also, I was ready to be alone for a little bit. So I have a pretty good sense of humor about making mistakes. I laugh at myself if I fall, but you get to a point where you get sick of people laughing at you. My Swahili is pretty good. I know when people are talking about me but not always what. So, on Thursday I shut the door, turned on my American music, and read all the wonderful mail I received from everyone! SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE WHO SENT ME MAIL! THANKS! It really brightened my day. Also, glad I have so many people writing because then I get all the stories. Also, if you sent me a letter you should be getting one soon.

Last night was pretty exciting too! I made the most delicious thing ever... banana bread in my homemade oven. YES you can cook without an oven...even bread. And I still had some left this morning. And today, I am going to pick up a new outfit that I am pretty excited about. And get a few items. I am also meeting a fellow PCV. Overall, last night and today have been pretty good. Well, I wish you all the best on your last week of February. Time is flying this year. Before you know it will be December 2011 and I will be seeing you all and wishing you Merry Christmas, baking cookies with delicious frosting, being really really cold (I think I may even be able to empathize with Laina on how cold it is), and putting up Christmas decorations. But now, I will say Kwa heri until next time. Missing you all. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment